Welcome to Yorkshire's Wildlife - all about the wildlife of Yorkshire, the UK's largest county.
The main aim of the site is to 'connect' people with nature in this part of the world. To this end on the site you'll see -
- All of the designated nature reserves in Yorkshire in one place with information on each one.
- Information about all of the main wildlife agencies and groups currently operating in the county.
- Topical articles, nature reserve visits and wildlife news.
For more information about accessing the above click on 'using the site'.
Enjoy the site, I have certainly enjoyed creating it. Enjoy Yorkshire's wildlife and please help to conserve our natural environments and remember the golden rules when visiting any of the sites I have listed here -
- Take your litter home - leave no trace of your visit.
- Do not let dogs off the lead on designated nature reserves.
- Dont be a 'tosser' - either dispose of dog poo in a bin or take it home with you.
- Stick to waymarked paths and public footpaths when visiting nature reserves.
- Look, enjoy and help protect our precious wildlife - do not cause damage or undue disturbance in the countryside and especially on nature reserves.
- Do not light fires on nature reserves.
(Adapted from the new and revised 'Countryside Code' )
“It is our collective and individual responsibility … to preserve and tend to the world in which we all live.” —Dalai Lama